Thursday, October 24, 2013

Master of the Vineyard

10-24
Wow - what a great week...  Although I feel behind in making connections with colors and my DMP, I have seen some real progress.  I got angry once this week but caught myself and laughed because that hasn't happened for a very long time and I realized that I am beginning to manifest my true self and I love who I am becoming.

I found myself living the part in Mandino where he says "Today I am born anew and my birthplace is a vineyard where there is fruit for all.  Today I pluck grapes of wisdom from the tallest and fullest vines in the vineyard...  ...Today I savor the taste of grapes from these vines and verily swallow the seed of success buried in each and new life sprouts within me." 

This is harvest season and my grapevines are ripe and full.  The smell is intoxicating and I have been diligently picking several boxes a day and washing them, separating the fruit from the stems and steaming the juice so I can bottle it.  I have done this for years and every fall it seems such a chore but now I am loving the process.  * It's true that "thousands of grapes are (steamed) to fill one jar with (juice), and the grape-skin and pulp are tossed to the birds."  What I have learned is that the hours it takes to harvest, clean and bottle the juice is similar to the hours and effort taken to retrain the subby to produce the juice of success in my own life.  I have maliciously been spending hours separating the dross from my life literally feeling the intensity of the pressure cooker to produce the sweetest of life's experiences.  AND OH HOW I LOVE GRAPE JUICE.  The first tastes of this years juice is  exquisite!

It's interesting to note that when I have finished a batch at the end of the evening and then leave the pulp in the steamer, by morning I will have an additional two quarts of juice in the collection pan.  It has also been that way for me after doing the mental exercises of reading and meditating, by morning I have extra energy, ideas,  hope, excitement etc.  so although the process is still difficult and tedious to retrain my subby, I'm excited and look forward with renewed effort to continue the process and lay up in store a lifetime of drinking from the sweet juices of my harvest.

Scott

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love how you have connected your own experience and Mandino's words. Great self observation.

elcalvito said...

WOW Scott, I'm reading your blog and it looks like you are describing me! :) feels nice!

Alchemical Research said...

I totally love the "Grape Juice" analogy.

Heather said...

Scott - I loved your blog, your insight and your enthusiasm. I would love to try your grape juice! Sounds splendid. Could you do me a favor? Put the week# in the blog post title. It would really make things easier for me. I am reviewing 300+ blogs. I know it seems trivial... but it helps. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Scott ~ you have definitely experienced BREAKTHROUGH here, every word vibrates your energy & connection with the process here; one suggestion, I hope you don't mind? you used the word "maliciously" which is a great word, but I think the word you really want there is "meticulously" ~ what do you think?