Saturday, January 25, 2014

Week 17 These are the times...

Thomas Paine wrote
"These are the times that try men's souls;  The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.  Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.  What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; -- Tis dearness only that gives every thing its value.  Heaven knows how to set a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed, if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated."
The American Crisis I, Dec 19, 1776

This quote came to my mind all week as I struggled through the barriers of reaching my final statements in my DMP.  Mark said in his week 16 video that during these weeks most participants lose momentum or DRIFT... and after hearing that I'm afraid it may have been a self fulfilling prophecy!  Everything was an uphill battle.  I got sick, people cancelled there place in my tour, the individual who came to meet me from Florida about my game wasn't interested, my meditation time was always interrupted etc, etc.  Anyway, I am so excited for  the next web cast - they always jazz me up yet I realize that changing a 50 year blueprint is not easy or going to happen overnight.  It is worth the fight and I'm not fooling myself anymore with being satisfied with the old me... "for my final reward will be heartache and tears if I'VE cheated that man in the glass."  My family has already noticed a big difference in my countenance and persona...  I am a better person that I ever was and the reality that I can become so much more is worth fighting for.  I am fueled with intensity and self confidence in order to concentrate all the energy of my mind to "BE" a celestial person.  That is my persistent desire and most intense longing of my heart.  My thoughts fired with emotions will break the cement "tyranny" of my old self and bring freedom to my soul.  That is definitely worth the fight and I will not shrink my duty to my God, myself, my family, and all those whom I can bless in this world.  I will persist until l I succeed for I am natures greatest miracle - a child of God with unlimited potential - a luminous being of light temporally trapped in a mortal body waiting to escape and express my true potential which cannot happen if it has not been earned.  I have felt the divine spark kindle into a fire within to become better than I am...to become a mountain, not a ant hill...  I can give more!

Thomas Paine added;
"... my secret opinion has ever been, and still is, that God Almighty will not give up a people to military destruction, or leave them un-supportedly to perish...."
  
I know that my greatest battles lied ahead and I will triumph in these trying times because I believe God will help me become what He wants me to be!

4 comments:

Pat's Rick© said...

Only those who try to apply knowledge suffer defeat or enjoy the victory. You, my brother, are more than a conqueror in Christ Jesus.

Unknown said...

No war was ever won by the battle not engaged, no success ever gained on the road not traveled, and no candle ever glowed by the match not lit. It is by the doing we are elevated, whether we win or fall short.
blessings...

Karen Krill said...

Scott, I've tried to leave comments, but can't seem to make it work.If this goes through, I'll comment.

Karen Krill said...

Hurray I figured out what I need to do.
You are a example of a winning warrior - a Hero. Congratulations!
"The tyranny of my old self and the freedom of my soul" is inspiring.I picture a victor which I'll use in my visualizations.