Saturday, November 9, 2013

Week #6 Lights, Camera, ACTION!

Wow, It's happening and I love every moment of it. As part of my DMP I have been meditating, desiring, focusing on becoming more charismatic, self confident, outgoing and creative.  Several weeks ago and completely out of the blue I was asked to M.C. a talent show for the whole county where I live. BIG STEP!
I began early each morning by  mentally creating my day and envisioning how funny I would be, how commanding and vivaciously I would introduce each act and then during that day ideas would come, jokes would materialize in my head and the program began to flow.  This last week I spent hours upon hours designing gags with prizes that would lead into each talent and uplift the audience as well as give credit and applause to the performers.
Then the big night, Friday came and I will admit I was mildly nervous wondering if  the audience would think my jokes and skits were funny and relevant but I was prepared and took that step into the darkness... and into the spotlight and it was great.  I wasn't perfect but it flowed well, I was able to adjust to fit the schedule of the performers and even concluded with a quote from Mandino about love. I was rewarded with applause, laughter, and some giving a standing ovation.

That was a fantastic feeling but the really great part happened after.  My wife and I met this couple who came up to say thank you and remarked that some of the jokes I had made about Korea and adoption were funny...  I told them that they were all from real experiences and they couldn't believe it because the husband had also lived in Korea and they were interested in adoption.  My wife and I have been adoption advocates for years and were able to answer some of their most urgent questions.  We spoke for over an hour and then made plans for a future dinner get together.  On the way out my wife mentioned how much she wanted to help this couple which is another  manifestation of  one of my DMP's - to help others with adoptions.  BOOM  It hit me like a boulder that things were falling into place to fulfill my hearts deepest desires and I was immediately humbled, awestruck, excited and quite honestly full of absolute faith that all the other dreams will come to fruition. 

I am so excited to see it all unfold that each day is becoming an adventure in possibilities.  Mandino was right... that you will begin to awake each morning with a vitality never known before, an increase in vigor, enthusiasm and desire to meet the world and overcome every fear... and yes I am happier than I ever believed possible.  

The light was on... The camera was rolling... and the Actions flowed to surpass all expectations.  WHAT A GREAT MOVIE!

 

No comments: