Thursday, November 28, 2013

Week 9 A Happy Thanksgiving.

AS instructed...  This week I have been trying to see the fulfillment of my DMP as a service to others and that idea alone has been a tremendous experience.  With three married kids we decided years ago to hold our family Thanksgiving on Wednesday.  That way there wouldn't be any pressure for the married kids and the in-laws.  It has worked out great over the years but this year my wife is working on an advanced degree and has had major stress with over the top assignments and projects.  This Wednesday was no different so we decided to be UN-traditional....  We gave all the kids and grand kids all day passes to Boondocks (a family fun center) and met there around noon.  We played miniature golf, rode the go-carts, went bowling, played lazer tag etc. etc.  Then around 5:30 we came home and I barbecued some marinated turkey breasts, we had instant stuffing, rolls, salad, baked sweet potatoes, beans all on paper cups and plates (easy clean-up).  I had previously had made four apple pies and we drank my homemade apple cider and grape juice. After dinner we played games until late into the night while my little girls and the grand kids tour up the house. It was the best Thanksgiving ever.  My wife was also able to finish an assignment and still feel a part of the festivities.  The best part was that previously on Monday, my wife had invited over a contractor to give a bid on expanding the family room / kitchen area.  WOW... That is one of my DMP goals and I had never told her.  I sat there in the house all Thanksgiving thinking how much more comfortable the party is going to be when we finish the re-model and that every second with my family is precious.  I was also able to visualize all my other DMP ideals fulfilled as I spent time with my family.  To be my best self for them makes my heart beat and life is truly heaven on earth.  I got a glimpse of eternity last night and realized in my heart that all  I want in life is really being in the service of others.  GIVE MORE GET MORE.  Do the remodel, take cooking lessons, invite the neighbors over to eat, let my kids see the joy in serving others - "Affirm it as an already existing fact"  I get it!  Love, eat, and praise God for this bounteous life.

1 comment:

Heather said...

So glad you had a great Thanksgiving! What an awesome way to celebrate the day! So glad you are beginning to manifest your DMP!