Thursday, December 5, 2013

#10 Dec 5th I CAN be what I will to be... and I will fly!

":It's strange.  The gulls who scorn perfection for the sake of travel go nowhere, slowly.  Those who put aside travel for the sake of perfection go anywhere, instantly". (Jonathan Livingston Seagull)

Mark J. was right that there would be pain and some death throws as the old blue print kicked the bucket.  Breaking the chemical addictions of the past.  This was the hardest week for me yet... maybe it was the holiday and all the old triggers... habits/ expectations.  I did all the reading, recitations, meditating, etc. but I kept having to push back the thoughts that this won't work for me, or I'm wasting my time, I'm nuts, or my concerns about my wife's worry that I have joined a cult!  Well I made it and I know that "I CAN BE WHAT I WILL TO BE".

I am so excited for the new me and my future!  As I stepped back and looked at my journey I realized that I am really having a good time and I had to make some adjustments to my DMP and work at each item patiently in order.  I put more red circles on my favorite snack foods and was careful of my portion sizes at Thanksgiving as well as limited the amount of pie I ate -- I also had the biggest test with my MENTAL DIET.  I messed up my date night with my wife and missed the movie we wanted to see and for a moment the visceral feeling and disappointment / self recriminations hit me like a ton of bricks and I had to repeat to myself  the affirmation that "I'm whole, perfect, strong, powerful, loving, harmonious and happy" as well as quickly grab my picture of my wife at the beach and it was gone...  Hannell states " positive thought will destroy negative as certainly as light destroys darkness."   IT WORKED!  I suggested we go shopping; found a great deal on the kids Christmas presents / saved several hundred dollars and had a great evening.   Now I am moving forward... I marked off another of my DMP statements by joining the family marathon over thanksgiving... Everyone else got sick and  I was the only one to go, but I did it!  I ALWAYS KEEP MY PROMISES.

I made a manifestation card with a list of steps to make my next DMP statements come true and am focusing on them and letting my mysterious mind which never sleeps take over and find the answers.  I am so excited that when I have a free 10 minutes instead of turning on the TV like I used to do, I know am imagining what the next step will look like and how I will feel when it all comes together.    Like Hannell says, "holding in mind the condition desired;  affirm it as an already existing fact." ...  That's what I'm doing and I am excited for the outcome.  I must admit I didn't understand a single thing in chapter 10 and I hope Mark explains it in the next video conference and that is something else to look forward to.  Like Fletcher Lund Seagull said, "you've got to understand that a seagull is an unlimited idea of freedom, an image of the Great Gull, and your whole body, from wingtip to wingtip is nothing more than your thought itself" and I am ready to fly! 

2 comments:

tmcp said...

Love it!

Unknown said...

Enjoyed your post Scott! Chapter 10 is another that needs rereading and picking apart in order to put together. Congrats on your successful shopping and spousal time!