Sunday, December 29, 2013

Week 13 Extra, Extra, Read all about it.

Wow, something amazing just happened and I felt compelled to write it down. I had mentioned that I had been blocked out of the site for some odd reason and I wasn't able to view the webcast until Saturday night and Holy Cow... Mark was right on... He said that this is one of the hardest weeks and most people usually skimp on their assignments and justify it - allowing the old blueprint to take over again and it's true.  I watched a few T.V. shows, didn't make it to the gym, ate too many treats...  I diligently did my reading every night but not with enthusiasm... I looked at my cards but w/o conviction, I was going through the motions but not internalizing it and when he talked about NARC (Neurological Associative Reactive Conditioning) and explained how we need to find something that causes real pain... BOOM!   not fulfilling your measure of my creation - Boy I felt that!  I was so ashamed that I had literally put my dreams in the trash, let myself, my family and my God down that I never want to feel that way again.  Although it was a painful experience, I felt blessed for having that stark realization and grateful to be kicked in the head to get back to my definiteness of purpose.  I am not involved in Network marketing so my traction point isn't calling people but rather building a Christ-like person within myself.  The million dollar door I need to go through is right in front of me and I am turning the handle.
Thank you God for helping me see what I can really be and how to get there. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott, it's sure nice to know I'm not alone in the challenges I'm addressing! Thanks for your honesty and upright character! You've inspired me to dig in again.

semper reformanda said...

Who would have thought that a word like NARC could have such a positive effect on us all. Yes I agree the thought of putting the DMP, the progress we have all aspired too IN THE TRASH YIKES!!! Fortunately our illustrious teachers have had us develop the steps of persistence.
My favorite line from Batman Begins

Alfred Pennyworth:Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.
Bruce Wayne: You still haven't given up on me?

Alfred Pennyworth: Never.

Luther Witt said...

Steve the last comment was ME (that is my google plus username. You through me a curve ball not using the WordPress format. thanks for the lesson

Anonymous said...

BAM! I love this line: "literally put my dreams in the trash". Thanks for the reminder or NARC. Yes, we need more pain and awakening.